The timely theme BANGSA: MANUSIA (RACE : HUMAN) in the year 2020 grapples with ideas of race, creed, colour, migrant, refugee and the systemic injustices faced by those defined as other. This year’s festival features works by some of our film grant winners exploring what it means to be the other.
Being online on CloudTheatre for the very first time
Year 2020 where a pandemic is still sweeping across the world, rebooting the reality of our lives and changing what we once took as normal life into something very different, the FreedomFilmFest like most festivals worldwide has had to adapt – and transition to an online digital experience. The festival was held online on CloudTheatre for 4 days, 10 Dec to 13 Dec.
Concurrent screenings with our 6 state partners in Malaysia and Singapore
In the 4 days of festival, our festival partners from Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, George Town, Muar, Temerloh, Langkawi and Singapore held screenings with local audience as their focus of discussions. / more focused on local discussion on the issue
- At 72, she made her firs documentary to advocate against ageism (The Star on Meniti Senja, 2 December 2020)
- SinChew, 26 November 2020
- BFM 89.9, 8 December 2020
- 18 filem teroka tema Bangsa Manusia dalam Freedom Film Fest (FMT, 12 December 2020)
- Behind Malaysia’s Drug Laws: A Family’s Ordeal (New Naratif, 27 November 2020)