The call for the social impact grant is NOW OPEN. This grant is provided by Freedom Film Network in partnership with Goethe-Institut, with the support of the European Union. This grant will support the usage of social films as a key element in social impact strategies.
Who is eligible?
- Any Malaysian non-profit, civil society or community-based organisation
- Must have an ongoing campaign/programme addressing social and human rights issues.
What will the Grant cover?
The Grant will cover the cost of using films strategically in a campaign such as:
- The cost related directly to organising film screening activities
- The cost of publicity, promotion and outreach related to the film screening activity
- Fees for resource persons, speakers, facilitators related to the film screening
- The cost of production of a film or rights to a ready-made film
What is the value of the grant?
A total of RM150,000 in grant value will be given out to FOUR successful applicants. The budget range of each application should be within the range of:
- Maximum of RM30,000 for a campaign using an already made film
- Maximum of RM50,000 for a campaign that includes the production of a new film.
What are the application and selection process and criteria?
- Proposals must either be in English or Bahasa Malaysia language
- Only proposals using the designated application form and including the required budget document will be considered
- Completed application forms must be submitted electronically to: [email protected], with the title “SOCIAL IMPACT GRANT – followed by the title of your project”
- Applications will be assessed based on their merits by a selection committee set up by the organisers
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Download the Application Form HERE
- Deadline: 31 October 2022
- If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp to 017-5874632