Call 4 Entries
This year’s FreedomFilmFest theme focuses on the principle of non-discrimination enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
Selection criteria include:
- Films that embodies the theme of the festival – “Race: Human”
- Films that challenge discrimination and prejudicial perceptions, and celebrates diversity and equality.
Films that are selected for screenings will also be further shortlisted for awards in the following categories
|Awards Category||Duration (preferred and higher chances of selection for screening)||Eligibility|
|Best Documentary (Feature)||Above 40 mins||Open|
|Best Documentary (Short)||Below 20 mins||Open|
|Best Student Film||Under 10 mins||Malaysian & Singapore from higher education institutions|
|Best Short Film|
|Under 10 mins||Open|
- Deadline for submissions: 31st May, 2020
- If your film is selected, we will contact you via email before 1 August, 2020.
- All films must either be in English or have English subtitles.
- English transcripts must be provided for translation to Bahasa Malaysia.
- Films completed after Jan 2019 are eligible for submission.
- If you are unable to submit via this form, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to request for a waiver for your unfunded film, please email us at email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
By submitting this form, you hereby acknowledge that:
- You have read the festival rules & regulations;
- You have the full right of have the written permission from the owner of the film to enter it to FreedomFilmFest2020;
- You given permission to FreedomFilmFest to use this film for any screenings or promotion of the festival;
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that all information provided in correct and true.
- Your submission will be automatically disqualified if the information provided is not accurate.